I have been pretty much confined to my home for several months now, even missing the engagement event in Galveston of my granddaughter, Madeline, to Andy Ritter, the love of her life! At that time my focus became not to miss the next big event--the trying on of wedding gowns with Madeline on August 21st.
I MADE IT!
With a little lot of help from my doctors, therapists, caregivers, hair stylist, nail technicians, friends, and mostly from the lovely bride-to-be and her mother, I arrived and was wheeled around smoothly.
We went to a most iconic place...Neiman Marcus Bridal Salon at the original downtown Dallas store.
The group. The two beautiful ladies to Susan's left are Andy's mother, Chris, and his grandmother, Jo. And many of you know Shirley, the other half of the "Travelin' Grannies!" We all clicked right off! (I kept saying, "I can't believe I'm here!)
We had a lovely sales person. She caught Madeline's vibe and put her in very desirable gowns. We had so much fun watching her come out in vision after vision. But we ALL knew when she came out in THE ONE. We were all teary eyed, starting with the Bride!
"I can't believe I got to do this!"
Thank you to everyone who had a part by helping and praying. Especially Susan and Madeline. I had the time of my life!







What a delightful experience!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful. I am glad you experienced it.
ReplyDeleteI am so happy you got to experience this!
ReplyDelete