Tuesday, September 17, 2024

Thinking About My Obituary


I got up singing the beloved old hymn, “Jesus Paid it All.” Particularly this part: “Child of weakness, watch and pray. Find in ME your all in all.” He knows that I am weak. I do not need to feel like a failure and a disappointment to Him if (when) I am weak.


Recently I have been striving toward being remembered as one of those people who was always smiling (I might do pretty good at that)





...and who never fell prey to weakness or fear or discouragement. I can’t seem to nail that part. I am way too human and, well…weak. “Child of weakness” That’s  me. Is that you, too? Well, we have someone waiting to help if we turn to Him. Someone who made us and understands and is not judgmental. Someone who is our all in all. The strength we need in our weakness. Because He loves us more than we are able to comprehend.



"Dear Father, help me to rely on you for strength, because today I just can't find it on my own."



And Jesus said back to me,


"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."  II Corinthians 12:9



I will not mind being remembered as "weak," because my weakness enabled Christ's power to rest upon me.



No comments:

Post a Comment