Friday, March 4, 2011

A Few New Things!

I go for months and months, maybe even years, without changing anything in my home. I never rearrange furniture. I place it where I want it, and there it stays. I'm not bad about getting tired of things. If I like them, I keep on liking them. But...just let me get started, and it's "Katy, bar the door," as my Daddy used to say. (Don't ask me what that means--I have no idea!)

This is how the guest bedroom has looked for years.


This is my new guest bedroom--still a work in progress.


The luggage the little girl is sitting on was given to me when I graduated from high school.

From this point I decided I needed a chandelier in my bedroom instead of the 26-year-old ceiling fan. So, here it is.


My name for the mural is "View from the Crystal Symphony," one of our favorite cruise ships. The artist used an actual photo we had taken.

While shopping for the chandelier, I just had to look at pool table fixtures. We had never had "the real thing." I found the perfect one, and it's just what I needed! No one ever even goes in the game room but me.

O.K. I did something wrong and I can't get the "insert image" to work. I'll try again, but I don't want to lose what I've done. Please stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment