Thursday, September 6, 2012

Maybe I Was Wrong...

about something I said in the first paragraph here.  I said the political conventions were not as fun as they used to be.  Watching Villairgosa bumble, stumble, and fumble with an absurd voice vote on whether or not God should remain excluded from the Democratic platform was pretty funny.  I have actually never seen anything like it in my whole long life.

I was reminded of a verse from the Bible which I felt applied to this situation.  I knew it related to God taking what man meant for bad and using it for His good.  I absolutely LOVE Google, because it can help find just about anything.  The verse is Genesis 50:20, and it states, "As for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good."  (It regarded Joseph and the horrible acts his brothers had perpetrated on him, which turned out for good--for the brothers, for Joseph, and for God.)

A political party might be able to remove God from its platform, even though by "2/3 voice vote" it didn't work this time, but how would you feel about aligning yourself with a party which chose to do that?  Do they not realize that God is in control of EVERYTHING?  The next breath we take, the spinning of the earth on its axis exactly the right distance from the sun, resulting in the maintenance of a temperature which our bodies can handle, etc., etc., etc.  What a joke that man could exclude God from anything!

And then the people booed.  They booed God.  That happened in the Bible too. 

"Please open the eyes of people's hearts, God, and allow them to see a clear picture of your power and to recognize your truth and love.  As always, may your will be done on earth as it is in heaven."



 


No comments:

Post a Comment