Sunday, September 22, 2013

I'm Back...

Although no one has told me so...
I know you've been missing me.
Well, it's like this.
I have a beloved group of friends with whom I play bridge.
There are 8 of us, so we play 8 months of the year,
and we are hostess 1 month of the year.
September was my month.
Now most people won't admit that they obsess over their 
hostess duties, but I don't hesitate to do so.
I even missed choir Wednesday night, cause I was home...
obsessing.

But, it paid off.  I am successfully done for the year!
Here's what the table looked like:

The plates are so fun.
   They feature vintage European hotel logos.

And yes, vintage "cracks!"

The flatware is also different.  In the early 1900s hotels
mixed their flatware patterns for an eclectic look.
So the pattern of each piece is different.
I ordered all of this years ago and love using it!  

We start at 10 A.M. with breakfast goodies and coffee.
These were delicious Danishes from Whole Foods
on my warming tray which did not warm!
Very good anyway. 

Now let me show you what my sweet Susan did for me!
She offered to help, so I asked her to plant
something in this urn for me.  (It was sitting there empty!)
What she did was a knockout!
But...while she was here checking out the size of the urn,
she spotted all my other empty containers.
She comes back with her little HHR loaded with gorgeous
plants.  Just look!



I was thrilled beyond words!
I felt like I had an outdoor showplace!
 
Susan is also responsible for this:
 I love love love this!!!!!!
(In case you're curious, the picture of Madeline and me
was taken on Congress Ave. in Austin.  Someone had 
painted the "I love you so much" on a wall.  Our
entire family has now had his or her picture made there!
Thank you, unknown graffiti artist!)
 
I got this new little piece--
Nifty, huh?
 
Now all this took place last Thursday.
Then on Friday night the husbands are included.
We had 16, or 4 tables of bridge.
 
Since Jack has been gone, my partner has been 
my dear friend, Charlotte Irwin.
It just so happened that Charlotte's birthday was nigh,
so we had birthday party bridge for her!


 
I think a great time was had by all--including me!
It was such a blessed weekend.  
Over and out for another year! 
 

 


2 comments:

  1. Oh, this is so fun and so much work! Everything looks beautiful; you must be so proud that it all paid off. Well done, you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you obsess over bridge! I think any good hostess does :). I've missed you by the way...glad you're back!

    ReplyDelete