Saturday, October 19, 2013

Put a Period on This One.


 Did you read HERE about my car? 

Now, everything is okay, but not in the way I expected.
I assumed there would be a very detailed investigation.
I really thought Perry Mason or Columbo would come to 
the scene to take measurements, etc. to
determine who was at fault for the Chick Fil A incident.
Since the other driver was backing up and therefore
had extra culpability, and since she bent my 
license plate in half as she backed past me,
 I knew Perry or, ...what was
Columbo's first name?...would readily declare me the
innocent victim.

Well, I called Allstate yesterday to see when I could
expect my check!
I can expect all I want to, but I'm not getting one!
They denied responsibility!
No Columbo, no Perry, no check!
I got very irate, and the agent remained very nice,
but all to no avail.

So...I called my insurance agent.  I assumed
that if Allstate denied, my insurance would have to
pay for the perpetrator's car.
Wrong.
If there's a difference in stories, and no witnesses or video
(Chick Fil A has cameras, but not one aimed where
 the accident occurred) 
evidently BOTH insurance companies
can deny responsibility!

The bad news is, if my car had significant damage,
my insurance company would handle it as if
it were struck by an uninsured motorist.
That would mean I would pay another $250!
The good news?  I can just get a new license plate
holder, and I'm good to go!

I did learn another lesson from this incident.
I don't know that it would have made any difference
in this particular case,
but I should have hopped out and taken a 
picture of the cars while they were still in crash position.
The location of impact would support my
story that the other driver was backing all the
way across the lot--not just turning to back in.

Oh...and the other driver has not even tried to
make a claim against my insurance...

My mother would not allow me to use word "liar,"
but
when last seen, she had smoke coming from her
pants.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment