Thursday, December 10, 2015

Keepin' Me Humble

My car lease was expiring soon, so I began
to receive calls tempting me to trade it in early.
I went out "just to look"
and ended up getting a GREAT deal on a new one. 
I think!


In the process of doing the paperwork, 
the financial guy told me that my credit rating was
very good--one of the best he'd seen.
I don't keep up with that, so I was pretty impressed
with myself. 
I couldn't go around bragging--
it's a little hard to work that into a conversation--
so I just enjoyed ruminating on the thought and
fantasizing about what I could buy!


Perhaps I might have ruminated a little much?


My cousin Sarah spent several days with me
last week.
We ran ourselves ragged.
Friday to Northpark shopping and eating,
Friday night to see Susan in Cleburne in
Sanders Family Christmas,
Saturday night Christ Chapel's music concert,
Sunday my church, then an open house,
then Fielder's Christmas concert,
in which I sang,
Monday to Waco to see Baylor, Magnolia, eat at Fuego,
get a hug from Susannah,
and see our uncle Ralph Lynn's former home
and plaque in the SUB.
All in my new car--with it's moon roof!
"Oh, yah!  We were stylin'!"


Sarah was departing Tuesday morning.
I arose to a problem.  We had no electricity.
I called the trouble number and pretty quickly
found out there was a reason we didn't.
Someone had failed to pay the bill.
They had shut it off!
How's that to knock one down a notch or two?
But, how dare them?
I have really good credit!
Or at least I did have!


Sarah had to get ready to go home in the dark. 
The biggest problem: no coffee.
I can laugh about it now, but I sure couldn't then!


Gotta go.  Only paid that one overdue month
over the phone.
It may be time for another payment.


"But, Lord, I thought I was already humble.
Forgetful, but humble."


********************** 


1.  It is Stream Energy.
2.  The bill was 19 days overdue.
3.  I had received no overdue notice.
4.  I had received another bill--very routine--
nothing to illuminate the fact that
an overdue amount was included.
5.  You know, you hear these stories about
families going in and finding 
stacks of overdue bills in their
elderly parent's house?  Well,
they will certainly be in the
dark if it's me!
It only takes 1!



********************


UPDATE
Friday, December 11th

 
I got a call from Stream today.They wanted to be sure they had my correct 
billing address (I've been with them since 2011!)
It seems my pink slip (warning notice)
was returned to them for some reason.
After speaking to a supervisor, then a manager,
the disconnect and reconnect fees were refunded.

  
 

7 comments:

  1. And I hear of people 3 months delinquent on their bill and nothing happens. Dear Sarah may question you about paying your electric before she flies out again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really think she should, Mary Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're slipping...no photos of new new wheels!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks just like the previous one! Except no one has backed into me yet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Linda, this is so funny!! You have great credit but are humble and forgetful. HA HA HA!Now we know where the pink slip was that should've warned you. At least there was daylight to help me get ready. You are the best hostess ever, and I'm still smiling about all our adventures while I recuperate. Love, Sarah

    ReplyDelete