Monday, January 16, 2017

Mixed Reviews on TSA Pre Check

My Sam of all trades took me to the airport
in my car for my recent flight to Newark.
He dropped me right at the proper entrance, A-11,
remembering at the last minute to get the car
keys from me!


I checked in, then looked for the Pre Check line.
There was none.
I was told that the nearest was A-21, 10 gates away!
Here was the line for regular check in.


It turned a corner, so there was no way to tell 
just how long it was.
I was so frustrated, when my phone rang.
It was Sam.  My car was saying it didn't detect a key.
He was close, so he came back and got
another key I found in my purse.
I climbed in, 
and he drove me to A-21, the gate with Pre Check.
Then it was quick, but...
I had to limp back 10 gates to board! 


The return from Newark was slick.
We clear customs at the cruise terminal--a breeze.
There was no line at the TSA Pre Check at
the airport.
I so enjoy being able to carry a small bottle
of perfume and other liquids without
having to do the ziplock bag thing.
And the line moves faster because no one
has to take off shoes or light jackets.


I would definitely not want to be
without the Pre Check qualification.
Surely next time I'll have a better
experience at DFW. 


*************
UPDATE

*************

As it turns out, there is only one TSA Pre Check
gate in each terminal except Terminal D.
My very frequent traveler daughter-in-love
recommends that it is easiest to always go to the
Terminal D30 Pre Check,
then take the SkyLink to wherever you need.
Terminal C is the ABSOLUTE WORST, as they
arbitrarily close it off and on throughout the day.
So, here are the Pre Check Gates:
A21, C20, D22 and D30, E18.



We all thank you, Terri!

1 comment: