Thursday, October 26, 2017

Rescued Again!

I believe that every day I live is a miracle from God.
He enables me to wake up in the morning.
He gives me the breath and strength for each new day.
But occasionally he does something spectacular.
Something no one could deny is a miracle.


I related the most memorable of those 
Just click and read about a miracle that saved a trip
to Jordan for about 20 people!


In a real dichotomy of location, my latest miracle
happened in Las Vegas.
You may have read that I visited there recently
with two girlfriends.


One of the highlights of our visit was seeing
"O" at the Bellagio Hotel.
I was staying at a different hotel
 from Joyce and Adelene, one which required my taking an uber to the Bellagio.


That ride was amazing.
The car was the nicest uber vehicle I have ever been in.
The driver's name was Humayun.
He told me he was retired and gave all the money he
made from ubering to charity.
We discussed at length our mutual faith in God.
I remember feeling so blessed that I got him to drive me!
(I had no clue how blessed I was.)


We had a wonderful fish and chips dinner at Bellagio.
When we got ready to pay, the bottom fell out.
Not only did I have no credit card in my purse,
I also had no driver's license, which was required to
claim my ticket for "O."


In order to claim my ticket, the agent had to call my
hotel to verify my identity!
I guess you can imagine that I did not enjoy "O
as much as I could have.
(I was able to appreciate that it is about the most
spectacular show I have ever seen!)
My only hope was that I had left the two cards
in my hotel room, but I was almost sure I hadn't.


I paid cash for a taxi back to my hotel after the show.
My heart sank as I searched in vain for my cards.
How was I even going to fly home without my I.D.?


Then I received a message on my cell phone.
It was from uber asking me to call them.
I was told lost items had been found by my uber
driver in his car!!!
I almost can't believe this as I type it.
Humayan drove 25 minutes back to my hotel
to bring me my cards.
An observer would have thought we were long
lost friends when he got there.
I hugged and hugged him (and gave him a huge tip!)
He called me and told me I gave him too much money!


Some people never learn.
Here is the "cute" purse I was carrying that night.

Like the bag in Jordan, it did not close securely--
no zipper.
One little magnetic snap which sometimes did and
sometimes didn't catch!



I really feel like the Lord has given me more
than my allotted share of miracles
regarding open top cute bags.
But no one could be more grateful than I am.


"I will give thanks to you, Lord, with
all my heart.
I will tell of your wonderful deeds."
Psalm 9:1






No comments:

Post a Comment