Friday, June 15, 2018

Mimi's Velvet Hammer



You might be surprised at what compensation
or relief you get if you lower the boom on
perpetrators of injustice with a gentle touch!


For years I tried to sell this idea to Jack.
If you ask various of his sub-contractors or employees, 
you would probably find that
 I did not have much success.
So now I'm going to try to sell it to you.


As an example, remember when I wrote 
American Airlines about ruining my brand new
suitcase between DFW and Heathrow?
It was water soaked in spite of the fact there was
no rain here or there!
They sent me a check for the price of my bag!


One of my best was when a bottle of toilet cleaner
from the Dollar Store leaked in the trunk of
the car I was driving at the time (a BMW!) and ruined
the trunk mat!
I wrote and gently explained complained, and they
sent me about $125 as I remember to replace it!


So here's my latest.
If you read about Susannah's and my trip to
Universal's Wizarding World of Harry Potter,
you will recall that Susannah was stuck on the
ride for an hour and a half.
After we got home this became a burr
 under my saddle!
This day was ridiculously expensive, and Harry was
a big part of the motivation to extravagate.
I had even read the first book so I would know what
I was seeing.
Well, we didn't really get to see much of anything.
We were rushed through the castle, able to observe
 very little,  so Sus could get on the ride.
She did get a really long view 
of the Whomping Willow,
cause that's what she was facing when the ride stalled.



I decided I would call Universal today and ask to
whom I should address comments about our visit.
(Notice I did not use the word "complaint.")
I got a very nice gentleman who wanted to 
"start a file for me," which I hoped meant
I wouldn't have to write it all down,
even though that is my forté.
After one hour and fifteen minutes (it was kinda
like the salesman having to talk to the manager
when buying a car)
I received two offers--one of which was for a 
25% refund of both our tickets, which was 
just $25 short of what I rather timidly requested.
The other offer was for two free park entrances
anytime within the next two years.
I decided "a bird in the hand..." 
and was given a sizable refund, thus removing
the burr from under my saddle quite satisfactorily!







"Let your gentleness be known to all..."
Philippians 4:5













No comments:

Post a Comment