Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Today is the Birthdate of a Gentleman



And I'm proud to tell you, he was MY gentleman!
 Yes, Jack Stovall would have been the same age as I am today. (He didn't really like it that I was 3 months and 13 days older.)



Jack was handsome, refined, distinguished, and generous. I saw a movie recently which reminded me of him. It is The Intern with Robert DeNiro and Anne Hathaway.


Anne is in online fashion and decides to try a "senior" intern, and Robert applies. He gets the job, and we get to watch as he carefully chooses his wardrobe for his first day--dress shirt, tie, jacket, impeccable grooming. The younger fellows tell him he is overdressed, but he lets them know this is how he feels comfortable. (Think Jack Stovall)


Jack had the most beautiful ties, and this is what I did with them. All of the Stovall girls have one of these purses.




These pictures represent the thing that most reminded me of Jack in the movie.





You see, what Robert is doing here is offering his handkerchief to someone who needs it.


Jack always had a clean handkerchief in his pocket. I called Madeline and Susannah and asked them if they remembered that. They both most definitely did. They said their dilemma, since no one else had offered them a handkerchief, was whether or not to accept and actually use (mess up) said handkerchief!    (I kinda felt the same when offered to me!)



In the last scene of the movie, Anne is crying and suggests to her husband that he might think about starting to carry a handkerchief.



Jack's are still where he left them.















1 comment:

  1. Ahhh lovely. what a lovely idea with his ties!! My dad always wore a suit and tie, even to drive his lorry, just about fell over when one year he returned from Canada sporting a pale blue velour suit and a cowboy hat!! Much love, think of you both often

    ReplyDelete