Monday, April 4, 2022

My Soup Kitchen



 I love soup. I'm more interested in the soup du jour on a cruise than I am in the entree du jour! I don't remember ever sending my compliments to the chef, but I do remember sending them to the soup chef! Not the sous chef. The creator of the soups!


So today I dropped a friend off at her doctor's appointment on the west side of Fort Worth and headed straight for Trader Joe's. They were out of one of my favorite soups last time I was there, and I had been missing it! Had it today!


I really like French onion soup, and frequently order it. In my cooking days, I even made it! I know. Hard to believe. This is a very good way to enjoy it at home! Here is what it looks like--two of these to a box, frozen:



You trim away the plastic and place it in a bowl this size.

 


Place it in the oven for 40 minutes, and it comes out nice!

It's really good!


Linda's Soup #2 combines these two boxes! The "boursin" is a delicious cheese which I cut in chunks and simply melt in the soup as it heats. Disclaimer: I did not come up with this combination myself. I got it from somewhere on the marvelous contraption called the internet! But this soup is truly worthy of Rose Garden Tearoom comparison! I get three nice servings for a dainty little eater like me from these two boxes. 


The dainty little eater preparing to eat her soup.





I then proceeded to Central Market (since I was in the area!) for Soup #3. It is Green Chile Chicken. I bought this 32 oz. container to bring home for me, but they also have it hot at the store if you wish to eat there. It is sooooo tasty!



Oh, and by the by...soup is also one of the specialities I cook myself! I'm serious. I have visual proof. At least, oh I'd say twice a year or so, I fire up the old crockpot and make my mahvelous vegetable beef creation.


It is dee-licious if I do say so myself, and I do.  But I like it way too much and gain #'s every time I make it. Soup is at least semi-liquid. Shouldn't it be dietetic? Yes, it should.   
                


 










No comments:

Post a Comment