Wednesday, May 18, 2011

"Could you do that just once more?"

I have been knocked off my throne as queen of the photo do-overs.  Yes, for years I have been a leader in the art of asking my subjects to re-enact or re-pose missed photo ops.  I always seemed to just barely miss the really good shots.  (Just ask Jay.)  But last night an event at Martin High School involving my dear son-in-law put me to shame.

To set the scene:  It was the junior voice recital.  Maddie was performing.  Susan was in dress rehearsal for "Hello Dolly," therefore unable to be there.  I walked in with Rob, and we discussed how nifty his video camera was...and that the cord had been lost...and that he was so glad he found it...and that the thing was now all charged up and ready to go.

Maddie was first.  She was mesmerizing.  About half way through I saw Rob reach for the nifty video camera which was on the chair next to him!  Disaster had befallen.  He had forgotten to video!

After most of the audience had left Rob fessed up to those of us still there what had happened.  With a lot of bumbling around, (and my egging on) Rob asked Maddie if she would sing again and Jana Harville if she would accompany again!  They agreed, and we had a perfect re-enactment, complete with as much applause as our small group could muster.  

So I'm abdicating my throne.  I don't think I'll ever be able to top Rob's do-over!

No comments:

Post a Comment