Saturday, May 21, 2011

A Treasured Tribute

Today was a big day for me.  I got to see Susan in Hello, Dolly for the first time.  I am almost speechless, both because of her performance and because of this from her bio in the program:

"Susan dedicates this show to her very own Dolly Levi...her mother, Linda Stovall!  After years of loving care for my wonderful father during his illness...she has "rejoined the human race" in a way that has amazed and blessed everyone around her!  "BEFORE THE PARADE PASSES BY!!"

I am flattered and honored beyond words that Susan said this about me.  I will never forget it.  She, however, is Dolly Levi!  In an early scene she states that one of her purposes in life is to step in when the good Lord needs help!  She glides across the stage elegantly and effortlessly in beautiful costumes.  Her dialogue is hysterically funny and delivered with impeccable timing.  The entire cast is appealing and does an excellent job.  The theatre is charming.

Now don't you let this parade pass you by!  I guarantee an afternoon or evening of pure entertainment and enjoyment!





 

No comments:

Post a Comment