Saturday, June 18, 2011

I'm Mad.

First I hear that I will be in a higher tax bracket this year because I am a widow!  I certainly did not choose to be a single person instead of a couple filing jointly.  Am I the only one to whom this doesn't seem to make sense?

But this morning I'm frustrated with American Airlines.  I know, what else is new.  As long as I can remember we have had an AAdvantage credit card whereby we get miles for every dollar spent.  Those miles had to go to either Jack's advantage account or mine.  I opted for him to get the miles, even all those years when he was unable to make a purchase or pay a bill.  What I didn't know is that, when he died, the miles he had accumulated toward "gold" status would die with him.  I got his active miles (the ones which could be used for a free ticket), but even though he was right at the threshold of gold status for life, and even though we earned all those miles as a unit, they are gone.  So sorry...too bad...no, you can't talk to anyone else...bye bye.

Really, the advantages of gold status are not that big a deal...early boarding, extra bags...oh, wait, that is a big deal!  I'm a world class over-packer.  But mainly, of course, it's the principle of the thing!  While stewing over this it occurred to me--just think how small a price AA would pay to make a loyal, lifelong customer happy.  A couple of extra bags a year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment