Friday, June 3, 2011

A Heavy Heart Today

My cousin Sarah and her family are heavy on my heart today.  Many of you have met Sarah and know how much I love her.  Some of you also know that I am headed for her cabin in Alpine, Arizona, soon for the wedding of her daughter, Emily.  Also, you may remember that I have been there twice in the summers for "girls' week."

What you probably don't know is that there is a terrible fire called the Wallow fire, burning out of control in Arizona.  The last news I read showed it to be only 12 miles SW of Alpine.  The little town was evacuated last night.  Sarah and her husband Dick had left Alpine yesterday morning for their home in Tucson, where Emily is to have a shower tomorrow.

If you will click here http://www.wmicentral.com/ you will see pictures and stories about the fire.  It's very hard for me to look at these.  I can't even imagine how it is affecting Sarah's family.  Dick built their beautiful log home and "tweaks" it constantly.

Not to mention sweet Emily, the bride-to-be.  All the plans have been carefully made for a fabulous wedding on the beautiful deck of the home on June 18th.  Of course, these plans have been in the works for months.

Praying friends, will you please pray for an end to this devastating fire?  At this point I believe God alone can save Alpine.

No comments:

Post a Comment