Monday, August 1, 2011

A Progress Report

I know you are all waiting eagerly to hear how the "new" Charleigh-Girl is doing!  It is pretty hard to believe.  She has been rigorously tested by repeated visits from the ADT Security repair guy.  He has been here Thursday, Friday, and twice today.  (And it's still not fixed.)  Charleigh-Girl has not jumped on him one single time!  That has never happened before in 6 years! 

I have also been able to put a stop to her idiosyncrasies--going crazy over the icemaker, the popping open of canned drinks, taking off my shoes, my answering the phone, etc., etc., etc.!

I'm not sure, however, just exactly who has been busted.  I fear it might me moi.  I have to really stay on my toes to be consistent.  It is not permissible for me to pet her every time she requests.  I have to initiate the petting, and she has to sit first, since I'm now the boss!  It may be easier to teach an old dog new tricks than to teach an old owner new tricks.

No comments:

Post a Comment