Friday, October 14, 2011

The Skunk Saga Continues

As I left you in my last post, Charleigh-Girl was getting her second shampoo with the special potion to remove her skunk odor.  I told you how good I was getting with this.  WRONG.  My massaging of her hair left her with dreadlock type twists in her undercoat.  Of course, I had to pay for having those combed out while she was boarded during my trip.  I did get the odor out, though!  And it wasn't as expensive as when I trotted her stinky self into the emergency animal clinic!

I called a company which shall remain nameless and which specializes in trapping wild animals.   Their charge was: $399 (!) for setting the trap and catching one (1) (and only one (1)) animal.  Each additional animal they caught would be $149!!!  So...I called my "Sam of all trades."  He bought the exact same trap the nameless company uses for $70.  He set it with cat food.  Voila!  We've now caught 4 or 5 possums.

But...today I called him to tell him we had another possum.  This is a picture of the "possum."




For those of you who know as little about wild animals as I do, this is a raccoon, not a possum.  What's more, when Sam approached the trap, this was one very angry raccoon.  I have had to call animal control (a lengthy process in itself) to come take charge of this angry critter.

Sam and I are thinking we need to put a sign on the trap, "Only skunks allowed!"

No comments:

Post a Comment