Friday, May 17, 2013

The Many Faces of Charleigh-Girl

Do you pet owners feel like your dog has differing facial expressions?  I certainly feel like C-G does.  I see so much in the way her face looks.

For instance...

 

"Mimi, Can't you do something about this?  It's sooo 
embarrassing.
I don't care if Susannah did use her own money to buy this getup on the dollar aisle at Target!"


And then there's her all too familiar guilty face...


I don't know what got into me. I'm just going to act real cool."
Maybe she won't know I did this.
Oh, no!  She figured it out!" 


This is the latest face I've noticed.
It happens when I'm getting dressed and ready to leave.


"I'm so sad.
Looks like she's getting ready to leave me again.
What could be better than staying here and playing with me?" 

 
Now only you over-the-top, slightly goofy dog lovers like me believe that the expression on her little doggy face is really changing.
No...I'm projecting my feelings into her "expressions."
I'm assuming she feels like I would feel!
And, who really knows?  Maybe she does!

There is one time when her expression really changes.
That is when I come in after being gone a while and let her 
out of her "palace."
She smiles at me then.  Seriously.  I have witnesses.  She 
curls her lip and smiles at me every time!
It is difficult for me to get a picture of this.  I can't get down on her level quick enough to capture the grin.
I even bought something called a "MeCam" which videos and
can be pinned on my lapel.  
Of course, I may have to crawl into the room to get it, but at least she won't recognize the MeCam like she does that
bad old pink camera!
We'll see! 

You've really missed something if you've never experienced 
the unconditional love of a pet.
I certainly have with my Charleigh-Girl. 
   
 

1 comment:

  1. Agree with everything you said. Parker smiles too, every morning when I get up

    ReplyDelete