Thursday, August 1, 2013

How Can This Not Be My Favorite Day?

Because today I saw the tomb where Jesus lay, and...


The round stone below is not the one that was rolled over
the door of the tomb of Jesus.
It is just a representation of how the stone
 might have looked. 

  And thank you, Sandy, for taking a picture of me
stepping from the sacred place where Jesus was buried.


We observed the ordinance of The Lord's Supper (communion)
 in this beautiful garden.
 
 We drank from small olive wood cups, which we were able
to bring home as a treasured souvenir.



(Just a little aside about those olive wood cups--
On the way to the airport in Tel Aviv, Yuval prepared us for
going through the departure process.
He told us that we would be asked if we had been given 
anything while in Israel.
We were to say that we had been given the cups and a map,
because the agents would know the tour company
would give us something.
There were three ladies from our group ahead of me in line,
and by the time I started to answer, "A cup and a map,"
the agent got all frustrated and said,
"I know!  Anything other than the cup and the map!"
But we made it through!) 

While we were in Israel, I would look at my fellow
travelers and say, "How are we going to describe
this place when we are asked how our trip was?"
I answered myself more than once that we would need a whole
 new vocabulary to do it justice. 
So...I feel I cannot adequately describe the awe
of seeing this place.


Low in the grave He lay, Jesus my Savior.
Waiting the coming day, Jesus my Lord.
Up from the grave He arose,
With a mighty triumph o'er His foes.
He arose a victor from the vast domain,
And He lives forever with His Saints to reign!
He arose! He arose!
Hallelujah, Christ arose!






























3 comments:

  1. I'm really enjoying your pictures and beautiful memories.
    Mary$

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I came across your blog while searching for info on Israel. Going there myself in July and for a fantastic 12 days. I am so grateful for the opportunity. Being praying for the change to go for the last 3 years. Thank you so much for the pics and the info. You are such an inspiration to me - it seems as though you are so content in Christ. I am also a child of our Saviour Christ and I wish you all the best. Hydi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Hydi! I am so blessed and thrilled to get your comment! And you are going to love going to Israel! My intention is to post some more blogs about Israel soon. Wonderful to hear from a sister in Christ. God bless you! Linda

    ReplyDelete