Sunday, April 13, 2014

Oh, no. It's Spring.



This is what I see out my kitchen window in the spring.
It is even more brilliantly red than it appears here.
This is what I love about spring.

That's it.

because... 
After spring comes summer.
There is absolutely nothing I love about summer.
(Except that my schoolteacher friends don't
have to teach every day.)

With very fair skin, you certainly
won't find me "sun worshiping."
I already have my dermatologist on speed dial.

 
I do not like sweating perspiring.  At all. 
I find it gauche (which rhymes with gross.)

In order to keep Charleigh-Girl and me from
sweating perspiring,
I have to take out bank loans to pay our
summer electric bills.

I do not like mosquitoes, but they LOVE me.
 
I liked my own children, but I do not like all the
 pesky children swarming everywhere you go
in the summer.

TV shows are all reruns in the summer.
(No new Judge Judy=depressing.)


However
When all is said and done, I will cheerfully 
greet and love
each and every new day of my life and say,
 "This is the day the Lord has made.
I will rejoice and be glad in it."  Psalm 118:24

Susan taught her girls to say, not that they
didn't like something, but that it 
"wasn't their favorite."

So...
Spring and summer just aren't my favorite
times of the year. 

2 comments:

  1. Just think of all the people still shoveling snow out their driveways. I love Spring and Summer and I love Texas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yeah. I wouldn't like shoveling snow either. I'm surprised and glad that you love Texas!

    ReplyDelete