Monday, June 9, 2014

"A Chapter In My Life Is Through"

After having bad dreams and
hearing wild rain storms last night,
I awoke with the title song lyrics running round my mind.
I had to sing it to myself to remember
from whence they cometh!

It is from Michael W. Smith's iconic
Friends are Friends Forever.

Packing up the dreams God planted
In the fertile soil of you
I can't believe the hopes He's granted
Means a chapter in your life is through...

Now this is speaking of Susannah's life.
I'm not trying to make this all about me.
But...a chapter in my life definitely ended, too.
A chapter for which I could not be more grateful.
Thirteen plus years of school programs, CATS,
soccer games, volleyball games, 
cheerleading opportunities,
talent shows, dance recitals, church musicals,
voice recitals, dinner theatres,
guitar recitals and gigs,
Chamber, Chorale, and show choir concerts
every imaginable place, including New York City, 
Miss Cinderella, style shows,
and the glorious Martin spring musicals.

Approximately 90% of my social life
revolved around the above events!
In all thirteen plus years I missed only one
significant event that I remember--
Into the Woods, the spring musical in 2013,
in which Susannah was a beautiful Cinderella.
I was in Israel during the entire run.
(But I have it on DVD!)

But we'll keep you close as always
It won't even seem you're gone
(after all--Waco is only 90 miles away!)
'Cause our hearts in big and small ways
Will keep the love that keeps us strong.

This song is actually very appropriate.
Susannah (and Madeline) are my friends
as well as my granddaughters.  And...

Friends are friends forever
If the Lord's the Lord of them!

He is the Lord of all three of us.
      
   

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean. I missed my children's childhood much more than they did! As the girls move on, your calendar will be less full, but your photo albums and memories are jam packed with their activities and accomplishments and accolades. I'll miss these special events, too!

    ReplyDelete