Friday, March 11, 2016

Sailing Solo in a Studio

It was a short taxi ride from the Doubletree to Pier 88
in New York City!
Here she is:
The Norwegian Breakaway
Nothing subtle here, but I LOVE it!!!

Got on board quickly and was able to drop my heavy
coat and my carry-on in my room, a studio for one!
Here's a tour I did of my little cabin after I had placed
everything in its spot.


I actually had two of these closets--plenty of space.

That's the shower wall on the right side of the pic.
It is full size and very adequate.

That's my wireless speaker and iPod on the window!
(Later I figured out how to open my blinds!
My room steward didn't even know!)


TV above. I kept up with the election nonsense progress.

I think our studio hallways are beautiful.

The Studio Lounge--only steps from my cabin door.
 Lattes, cappuccinos, etc. at our disposal!

We sailed past the Statue of Liberty,
which never ceases to thrill me.


Then we sailed under the Verrazano Bridge,
which connects Staten Island and Brooklyn.



My first room service:

Day 1 turned out to be most exciting.
I went down to the shopping area just to browse.
Two ladies asked me if I would like to have their two
tickets for the upcoming jewelry giveaway because
they had to leave for massage appointments.
Then I was given 3 more.
You know--the kind that look like this:

All of a sudden I realized it was time for the drawing
and I was still holding both halves of my tickets.
I had to squeeze through the throng of people packed
into the shopping area to get to the place to 
drop in my tickets. 
I can't even estimate how many people and tickets
there were, but A LOT.
This is a mega ship with over 4,000 passengers.
(And I think they were all crowded in there!)

So the girl said she wanted us to "make some noise"
if we had the numbers as she called them.
"Five," lots of noise, same with four and one,
cause we all had them;
then "Zero," and much less noise, then "Zero," again, 
and I kinda went numb,
then "Six."  
I, Linda Jane Lynn Stovall, had WON!!!!!!
I had 541006!
Here's my prize:
It's a tiny tanzanite and tinier diamond.
But the thrill of hearing MY number called--
that was HUGE and PRICELESS!

Some of my favorite things about Norwegian:
The fish on the hall carpet always swim FORWARD!
(Which helps only if you know which way you
need to be going!)

Your room card must be in the slot for the lights
to operate, making it easier to keep up with the card.
(I only lost mine once this trip!)

Ahhh.  The Mandara Spa.
Right down this hall!

 Beats you to a pulp!
The salt room.
Heated tile recliners.
H.e.a.v.e.n.l.y.


I guess you might be wondering about ports!
Yes, we did stop at 3, but I only got off at one.
It was Great Stirrup Cay, Norwegian's private island.



 My prize picture of the Breakaway from 
Great Stirrup Cay was the best thing about the port,
 along with...
meeting Charlie while waiting for the tender.
As our third friend Debbie took this picture,
she said I should start making up my story then!
Charlie was on spring break, lived in Philadelphia,
and works with the Wounded Warrior Project.

I'm out with my selfie stick trying to get me and
the Atlantis Hotel in Nassau.
It didn't look near that far away on my phone!


If you've hung in there with me,
THANK YOU!
I was not kidding when I said that traveling
alone would not be near as much fun
without friends who would look at my pictures!



If I were onboard, I would treat myself to a
latte and a cookie!

2 comments:

  1. You are my hero!!!! I love your adventures😘

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, Margaret, you are MY hero. I see all that you do for your children and grandchildren. You are an angel.

    ReplyDelete