Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Look What I Got Today!

I certainly have plenty of time to grocery shop now,
and a huge selection of times at
 which to do so.
Know when I choose to go?
Almost never.
My cupboards are bare, much to the dismay of
my children and friends.
My "joke" is that only a lack of three things will
get me to the supermarket:
dogfood, heavy cream for my coffee, or t. paper!


 Monday night in a roundabout way I discovered
 Amazon PrimePantry.
Once I got rollin' it was midnight before I 
stopped shopping.
Notice I didn't say "finished" shopping.
I was just too tired to continue.


For reasons I'm not completely clear on, my
shipping was free.  Usually it is $5.99 per box.
(I think ordering 5 of certain items qualified me
for free shipping but I did not take time to
try to figure out which ones.)
My box arrived by 1:00 P.M. today.
It was HUGE, but only sparsly filled by my stuff
(and LOTS of filler!)




Several of the items I ordered have back stories.
That Jello is sometimes hard to find for
my famous Cherry-Coke salad!
Sams had no Woolite last time I was there.
The Keurig coffee is Starbucks Verandah
blonde roast, very $$ when I can find it.


As far as prices go, I think they will be the
same or less.
But...I rarely grocery shop, so I'm not sure.
I know the toothpaste I ordered was cheaper
than CVS (and sometimes they're out.)




Now please don't give me a hard time about the
fact that there's not much to eat here.
(That means you, J, T, S, R, M, S.)
This was just an experiment.
I have already ordered again!


One of the disadvantages I see is that it takes
quite a bit of time to go through all of the
options.  I think there were 85 pages of food items.
I got to Page 40 something the first night,
then I couldn't get back to that point the second.
Of course, you tech wizards probably would
not have that problem.
And I know I will get faster.


I'll tell you it was pretty great to drag that
box in this morning, still in my pj's.
I just hope this will be of help to some of you!

******************

P.S.  I was already an Amazon Prime member.
I think that is $95/year for LOTS of benefits.
(Many of which I don't know how to take 
advantage of!!!



P.P.S. There will need to be some refinement
to my "grocery" shopping.
I had to stop at Taco Bell on the way home
from choir to get something to eat. 













2 comments:

  1. I see you got the essentials like the coffee creamer and please pass on the Cherry Coke salad recipe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, that coffee creamer is for our Sunday School class! I must have my over-the-top whipping cream at home. And I'll send you the recipe for my most often made salad!

      Delete