Saturday, July 29, 2017

Lest I Forget My Best Birthday Ever



My 80th birthday was an event I want to remember
and relive forever.
It was by far the best of my Exclamation Point Life!!!
So...I am memorializing it here mostly for me.


On July 13th, my actual birthday, I got up to find this
in my front yard!!!
It was soooo exciting!
A first for me for sure!
I was also delivered a big Starbucks and a
selection of my fav donuts by Susan.



I then picked cousin Sarah up at the airport
(who also brought me donuts!) 
 and had a fabulous lunch at the Sanford House
attired like this:



Please look closely 
(or click on the picture to make it bigger!)
so you can see my glittery crown,
compliments of my glittery actress daughter!
It actually has an "80" dangling in the center!


Really my celebration began the day before
when I wore my tiara to the nail shop!


You really gotta zoom in on this one!
I'll bet I was the only 80 year old in this world of 
millions and billions of people getting a pedi 
in a rhinestone tiara.


The next event in my celebration was seeing
Always, Patsy Cline
with the whole extended family (or most of us.)
In the program Susan had beautifully dedicated
her performance to me and my 80th birthday.
A first for me and touching beyond words.
But then...she introduced me from the stage after
the show and presented me with a dozen pink roses!
This event was taking place on Rob's mother's,
Shirley Metzger Branham's, actual birthday,
so she was presented with a dozen roses also!
It was a once-in-a-lifetime kind of evening!

Here I am, still in my special attire, with my girl.



"Oh, what a night!!!"


And then...The Main Event!
A birthday party extraordinaire!!!
The location: Metzger Party Central
The hosts and hostesses: Susan and Rob
Terri and Jay
For some reason, they chose a travel theme for my
celebration! 






My fabulous cake!







My precious family.



How do I tell you about
 THE MOST SPECIAL OF ALL SPECIAL THINGS?
Playing in a loop on two televisions was a video
of my life compiled by my beyond amazing
daughter-in-love, Terri!
Set to the most amazing music ever!
(She was also responsible for those darling
water bottles and the personalized! M & M's!)

You can see my video by clicking here:

Linda's Exclamation Point Life!!!
(be sure to have your speakers on!)


We had a sing-a-long 
(with lovely word booklets thanks to John Deaso)
and then were entertained by the Von Metzgers.
At my request Susan sang 
Before the Parade Passes By.
Terri also included that favorite on the music
for my video!
Then Madeline and Susannah sang a very appropriate
rendition of Sisters.
And Susan and Rob, also appropriately, sang
Anything You Can Do I Can Do Better!
However, I think this may be the last time Rob does
 this one with Susan if the verses
"any note you can sing I can sing higher" and
"any note you can hold I can hold longer"
are included!
We were blessed to have Debbie Jasper playing
the piano for all of this.
Then Susan did a little Patsy Cline a capella.


When one overuses superlatives daily and
openly owns up to the overuse of !!!!!s,
one has a difficult time describing the best
celebration of one's life.
But this was it.
Plain and simple.


****************

Credit for the phabulous photos:
Tammy Ferguson
(Who doesn't usually work on Sunday
but did so for me)






1 comment:

  1. The only awful thing is that I was out of town and missed this precious time for my dear friend, Linda! I love you

    ReplyDelete