Friday, April 27, 2018

I Guess I Am A Blonde After All!


When Jack arrived at a restaurant before I did and
got a table, he would tell the hostess that I would be 
arriving and describe me as a blonde!
I don't know why, but he did!
The poor hostess would be rather confused when
I came in with this mane of white hair--until I 
explained that I was the blonde for whom 
a gentleman was waiting!


Well, this week I had an experience with Discount Tire
which might validate my blondeness!
I got up one morning to a very low tire on my car.
I headed straight to DT to have it aired up.
The young man told me I had a big nail in the tire.
He said that since they were not very busy 
they could fix it for me right then.


So I parked and went in to one of my
 favorite businesses. Love DT!
They got to me promptly, and I related my problem--
a nail in the rear passenger side tire.
In no time my car was ready...but they had not
found a nail.
They did think there was a problem with the
valve stem which might have been causing the
leak, so they rebuilt that for me.
I was thankful. Easy fix!


But the next morning the tire was down to 19 pounds.
I went back and told the same guy that had
helped me the day before what had happened.
He was really puzzled and decided to go take a look.
When he got down to look at the tire, I said,
"You do know you're looking at the wrong one."
And he said, "I thought you said it was the 
passenger rear."
And with great embarrassment I said,
"Oh, no! I told you the wrong tire!"
It was the driver's side rear!


What a blonde stunt! 
In my own defense, however, I will remind you 
that a passenger does ride in that rear seat, too.


******************


Actually, Jack probably told the hostess I was a 
"real pretty blonde," bless his heart.
One day at Silverado someone asked him who I was.
He said, "I don't know but she's real pretty!"
That was unusual, though.
Most of the time he knew exactly who I was!

























No comments:

Post a Comment