Sunday, August 4, 2019

Colombia Bloopers


First...
The phantom air conditioners in our Bogata rooms
Exchange began after 10:00 P.M.

Krista Stotler: Our AC is not working. The repair man came and said the condenser was broken. He is working on it and said 20 minutes.

Logan George: Where is the AC in these rooms? I never saw it.

Krista: Remote control, but it's broken.

Logan: Where is this remote? Is someone pulling my leg?

Krista: Ours was by the TV remote.  
              (And furnishes visual proof)




Logan: Funny. We don't have that on the wall either

{By this time Denise Jackson and I were looking everywhere for our remote and wall unit--without success.}

David Hynson: Shane asked about Linda's room not having AC. (I think Shane had helped deliver me to our room in my Colombian wheelchair! L.S.) I heard Shane leave the desk and say that all rooms have AC. Ours doesn't, but I think we'll be fine. We'll open the  window if it gets hot.

Phillip Benge: Thinking ours doesn't either.

Krista: Our window is open.

{So at this point Denise and I opened our window. And immediately a giant moth creature flew in. We decided we would rather be hot!}

Krista: AC guy just came in our room and said he repaired the AC. Try yours now.


Logan: I think we are on the list of rooms without one. That would explain the lacking remote and AC unit itself. (HaHaHa- added by L.S.)

Krista: We are third floor.

David: Us too. Our side of the hall has no AC! If they do, it's a secret.

Logan: I was checking the cracks at the edge of the walls to see if they were fancy AC ducts.  (HaHaHa by me again!)


*******************

The Villa Katy Unisex Restroom
(View from second floor)



 Jim Parks guarding the "door" for Elizabeth.
There was also someone guarding the stairs so
no one could go up!

Now don't let this scare you off! It will be better
next year!


******************


Pastor Tony Aviles will be seeking patent for his
air conditioned cap creation.

and



(also featuring Logan and Phillip)

*******************


It was at this point that I uttered the words David
likes to quote:
"I didn't know a mission trip could be so much fun!"


We had just visited this man's home.
He roared up as we were leaving, and Cameron
jumped on the back for a ride 
almost before he stopped!


(Rumor has it new guidelines regarding the
behavior of their "missionaries" will be added
by Compassion International.)


********************

That dashing Phillip...

As Juan Valdez...


and...

CLICK HERE to see as The Juggler


**********************

And finally, Nita's disturbing eerie-eyed fish:


She agreed to cover it up!


and...
Lynden's "bigger than she is" macaroni and cheese
sandwich (half!) 




Now I must tell you that many of these pictures
and videos were taken by members of our
group other than yours truly. We had something 
called "GroupMe" where we all could share.
Thanks to all whose pictures I grabbed without
giving proper credit.


Yes! Mission trips can be fun!!!


1 comment: