Saturday, September 21, 2019

Guess the Value of My Gene Allen's Gifts Bargains!


 Last Friday was Brown Bag Bargain Day
at the wonderful Gene Allen's Gifts,
and I was there right after the doors opened!
All items were consolidated at the Randol Mill store.
I didn't get to participate last year, so I'll review
the procedure for those of you who don't know!



The brown bags were $20--
that's for all the final sale items you can
"place" in one
("pack," "cram," or "stuff" might be more like it.)
I purchased and filled 3 bags VERY FULL--
for a total of $64.80.


I purchase these items primarily for
Mission Arlington 
and the Metroplex Women's Clinic.
**I will admit, however, that there are
several this year which fit into an
event scheduled for New Year's Eve!
I'll tell you when we get there!**



Your mission, should you choose to accept it,
is to guess the total ORIGINAL PRICE 
of this lovely assortment of merchandise,
including tax.
I will show you pictures, but your estimate
will of necessity be a WAG.
(That's wild a** guess in the vernacular of
Jack Stovall.)
The one who comes closest to the
ORIGINAL PRICE of all items totaled
will win a $50 Gene Allen's gift certificate from
yours truly, LJLS, Brown Bag Bargain queen.
Guesses should be submitted on Facebook.


Here we go.

There are 14 Itty Bittys, 7 Little Golden Books,
8 packs of  fancy bridge tallies, 8 packs 
r/w/b paper plates, 3 lovely Mary's 
Angels wood play sets for little ones, and
5 purse lights.


Here are the play sets up close.







There are nine beautifully gift boxed white
satin bibs, a cute zebra baby "thing," 
2 tall and 2 shorter metal candle stands,
7 packs of Hallmark envelopes and notes, 
and 2 packages of Aromatique potpourri.







One candle holder, one Precious Moments
figurine, 2 super hero books, and
7 Disney sticker books.





These are "Shred Lite" necklaces
made of remnants. 





**We're there!**
These things have a common theme...
The bag says "Cheers to the "Mr and Mrs,"
the wrapping paper "Happily Ever After,"
and the picture frame "Just Married."
Perfect for the Mimi of the bride!





There were several "one of a kind" things,
including this "Because I said so" bag.





I got 4 of these cranberry and citrus cider
drinks--even though the pic only shows 3.
I gave one to a friend when showing her 
"my loot."
(Can't wait for fall--I'm giving me at least
one of these!)




So that's it--93 items.
I meticulously added up the original
prices and added tax.
So...how much do you think I got?
Make your guess on Facebook.
I'll give everyone time to throw their
hat in the ring and won't announce
the winner of the gift certificate until
Monday evening.











No comments:

Post a Comment