Monday, January 3, 2022

My Life Has Been Changed for the Better

 

I really started reading the Bible through in January of 2021 just because I thought it was about time! I had briefly tried a few times before, but this time was different. This time I didn't try to accomplish the goal on my own strength. I asked the Holy Spirit to give me HIS strength! And He did. With His help, I never once considered giving up. So the most important decision you can make, if your desire is to read the Bible through, is to lean not on your own strength, but on the strength and power of God through His Holy Spirit.


Tattered and torn, this is the plan I used. It was from my church, and I felt it was excellent. I still have an intact copy should you desire it.


And this is the Bible I used as I read:

This Bible was a gift to me from my daughter-in-love, Terri. It was ideal for my purpose in that it had margin notes which helped me understand more difficult passages.


Friends, the going will get tough some days. I also found this app to be very helpful when reading lengthy chapters in, say... Jeremiah or Ezekiel. It is Bible Gateway, and it has an audio application...read by a golden toned male voice.

I followed along either on the phone screen or in my Bible as I listened, giving myself a double chance at retaining.


Most of you know that I am not a morning person. My goal was always to read my Bible first, but many days I did not get up early enough to do that. So, although I would consider that ideal, it doesn't matter what time of day (or night!) you read. The Holy Spirit was with me 24/7.


Now I know many of you are thinking, "Well, I just don't have as much time as Linda!" And few of you do! I have a lot! But on days that I was thinking "Whoa, this is long," I would compare the time I was spending to the time I spent on social media! This would get me back on track pretty quick!


So how was I changed?

I gained knowledge, understanding, discipline, closeness to my Savior, a greater love of the Scripture, a sense of obedience and accomplishment, a feeling of dedication, and an ever deepening daily gratitude, not necessarily in that order. I am also discovering that my daily reading has become a habit with me! A very good habit! I am feeling a little lost while I await the delivery of the plan I am going to dedicate myself to in 2022!


I was "changed for the better and changed for good." 







No comments:

Post a Comment