Monday, January 24, 2022

My Nemesis: The Car Wash!


Most of the time I drive a dirty car.

I'm not afraid of the car wash. I use the one at the corner of Bowen and I 20. It does not make me feel claustrophobic, and I do love a clean car.



But...

It's just getting into the darn thing! Lining up my front tire with that little slot is not something at which I seem to be gifted. Recently I had to actually turn my wheel severely to the left and drive over one side of the metal slot to fit in, which was disconcerting as all get out, and probably a bit destructive!


I decided today was the day. I've learned to throw myself on the mercy of the guy taking my money. I told him that I am not very good at getting in the groove and that the person supposed to be helping me was often impatient. He seemed quite concerned and sympathetic. But...I guess that wasn't good enough for me. I then proceeded to quite obviously drive over the curb to the right as I exited the payment station (to reinforce the seriousness of my problem I guess!) I died laughing to myself! I've never done that before, but I couldn't have planned it better. I'm laughing hysterically again as I type this!


Being now duly concerned about the safety of their equipment,  the payment guy rushed over to help me get lined up while the official helper, as predicted, assisted with impatience! But I dazzled them both with my exuberant through-the-window thumbs up and smile. Even made the helper melt just a bit!!!


And guess what? It rained on me on the way home!


No comments:

Post a Comment