Thursday, December 23, 2010

The Christmas Stockings

Right after Madeline was born some 17 years ago, in a classic grandmother haze I purchased her a Christmas stocking.  Not just any stocking--she easily could have been placed in this stocking.  It was more suited for a giant than for a tiny baby....so, to perpetuate my mistake I got Susannah one, too, when she came along two years later.  What was I thinking?


Here they are, with a normal person's stocking added for comparison.  I'm not kidding.  The things are 32" long by 16" wide--I measured.  Just show me the chimney these puppies could hang by with care!

So...when most folks say they only lack shopping for stocking stuffers, that is a good thing.  With me--not so much.  I am accepting donations of large items a 17-year-old and a 15-year-old diva would love!  I'm thinking of beginning with grapefruit.

1 comment: