Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Whew!

It may seem strange that I would re-title my blog My Exclamation Point Life, then apparently drop out of action.  But...that was not the case.  It may seem that I was out of action, but I actually became Linda Stovall, Party Machine!  Yes, between December 4th and December 26th, I will have had 7 parties, hostessing a total of 71 guests!

I did not have any Christmas decorations in 2008, 2009, or 2010.  I was so ready this year to be festive again.  And if I had decorations, I wanted to share them.  On December 7th, I had 12 BSF friends here for our Christmas fellowship.  It was a wonderful day.  Such a blessing.

On December 13th, my 3 "friends of longest standing" came for lunch.  We began over a year ago to meet once a month.  I think it is very unusual to still have a friend you had in the first grade, but I do!

Then December 15th was ladies' bridge day, and I had requested December, knowing I would want to show off my long lost decorations!  I fixed a pretty mahvelous lunch, if I do say so myself and I do.  We had a great day of bridge and fun.  The next night is couples' bridge, so I had 4 tables, or 16 participants.  A good time seemed to have been had by all.

Saturday night, the 17th, I hosted my Sunday School department's party.  I didn't know how many to expect, but I guessed about 10 or so.  I guessed wrong.  We had 24 ladies!  They all brought wonderful food and were so pleasant.  We were bulging at the seams, but they were totally adaptable.  I've already volunteered to have that party again next year.

Last Sunday the Party Machine had a temporary malfunction--a rotten cold!  It was attacked with Cold-Eze and driven back after two days of causing minor stalling.  The machine is back in gear, with 3 friends coming for lunch tomorrow.

Jay and Terri will be in Houston on Christmas Day, so the PM will be serving lunch to the 7 of us on Monday, December 26th.  Jay can hardly believe (for good reason) that I am actually cooking. 

I told several people that I would post some pictures of my decorations, but I've been too busy preparing for the next group!  So here goes...











There they are in no particular order, since I'm not the best at making them appear where I want them to!  I have the dated plates for every year since 2000, except the years I didn't decorate.  The picture does not do my exquisite nativity set justice.  And Christmas lights are difficult to photograph, I've discovered. 

I have not forgotten for a moment the true reason for this season.  The Jesus who came to earth as a baby, who lived a sinless life,  and who died for my sins that I might live forever has also granted me inner peace this year--more than ever before in my life.  His plan for my life is still unfolding before me, and the voices of a million angels could not express my gratitude for his countless blessings.

1 comment:

  1. First and foremost, your house looks absolutely gorgeous! I love the chair covers!! However, I am completely exhausted just thinking about hosting that many parties in that short of time! You need a vacation!

    ReplyDelete