Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas Cards

A funny thing happened to me on my way to the mailbox Saturday, Christmas Eve. (No, I did not get run over by a reindeer.)  I was having a mental debate with myself as to whether or not I should stop sending Christmas cards.  (By the way--if you usually get a card from me and you didn't this year? I failed to notice that the boxes I bought only contained 12 cards!  So I ran out.)  Anyway, I decided maybe Christmas cards were for younger folks and out-of-town friends of us older folks, so maybe I should act my age and cease and desist.

Then...I opened the mailbox.  It contained 4 catalogs.  Not one Christmas card.  On Christmas Eve!  I was so deflated.  I LIKE getting Christmas cards.  They are so fun.  I even like Christmas letters of any length.

I changed my mind and will be sending cards next year. I've even already decided on the picture I want on the cards! I may buck the trend and send more than ever!  That is, if I remember to count the number in the boxes.  It may be down to 10 next year.

1 comment:

  1. I love getting Christmas cards! You should send a ton. Cards send so much love this time of year.

    ReplyDelete