Tuesday, May 22, 2012

I've been thinking...

My life now is very different from the majority of my years spent as a mother and wife.  Something about it impresses me every morning--the sameness of routine. 

I groggily get up, make my way to the kitchen with Charleigh-Girl close behind, get a bottle of water and start drinking it, get her bowl, measure out her food, try to get it on the floor before she knocks it out of my hand, turn off the outside lights and the alarm, turn on the coffee maker, and let C-G outside.  Every morning.  Exactly the same.  I'm not only on a fixed income, I'm on a fixed routine.

What impresses me about this is that it lets me know how quickly the remainder of my life on this earth is passing by.  I no more than turn around and I'm performing that routine again.  Only a weirdo like me would figure something like this out, but...if my life were a clock, and if I were to live 100 years, it's 45 minutes past the hour!  Or, if it were a football game, I'm in the last quarter!

There are sooo many great things about this stage in my life.  I am blessed with health.  I am blessed with freedom.  I am blessed with the most wonderful of families.  I am physically responsible only for myself and my canine companion.  Actually, I am blessed in about one million ways.  But...the greatest blessing of all is this:

         "When I've been there ten thousand years, bright shining as the sun... 
          I've no less days to sing God's praise...than when I first begun."

Yes, I'm not really in the last quarter hour or the last quarter of the game.  I'm living a life which will never end.  I have a mansion in glory.  And what did I do to deserve this?  Absolutely nothing. I placed my trust and my life in the hands of Jesus who died that I might be forgiven my sins and live forever in the presence of God.  I am blessed most by amazing grace--God's unmerited favor.


No comments:

Post a Comment