Saturday, May 26, 2012

Travel Perks

One of my favorite things about travel is seeing places I've been in movies, on television, or in magazines.  Sometimes it's after we've visited, and sometimes I rent a movie after visiting its locale.

Some examples.  After we visited the mansions in Newport, RI, I rented True Lies and Reversal of Fortune, which were filmed or had scenes filmed at two of the mansions--too lazy to look up which ones!  I display a Conde Nast magazine on my antique reading stand featuring beautiful photos of Milford Sound, New Zealand, one of the most beautiful places we ever visited.  The Amazing Race had a stop at Rotorua, New Zealand, at the exact place Jack and I stood to have our picture made.  When I visited the set of The Mentalist at Warner Bros. Studios in Los Angeles, I came home and began recording and watching every episode.  

Well...you should have been here last Monday night while Charleigh-Girl and I were watching The Bachelorette.  Emily had a one on one date with Joe.  They climbed on a fabulous private jet and took off for West Virginia.  As soon as I saw the town, White Sulphur Springs, I knew where they were headed.

Here it is as pictured on my TV Monday night--The Greenbrier Hotel where I spent last July 4th.


And here's the picture I took last summer:


When Emily and Joe pulled up in front of this beautiful hotel I shouted, "I've been there!"  Charleigh was NOT impressed.   So..would you please be impressed?  I'll show you another picture or two to help.




If you don't have a private jet like Emily, it is rather difficult to get to White Sulphur Springs.  This summer the railroad was actually going to start running again from Washington, D.C. to the hotel.  It would really be a neat trip.  So would the jet, of course.  Here's what I took:


Please still be impressed, o.k.? 


1 comment:

  1. That is so cool! I love going place I've seen on TV too or after I've traveled places, I like to find movies shot on location there. We're two peas in a pod. The Greenbrier looked beautfiul inside and out. That's very cool!!

    ReplyDelete