Wednesday, May 30, 2012

My Miraculous Healing

Yesterday morning I discovered something very disturbing.  It was a rather large, scary looking place on my upper gum.  I had plans to spend the day with a friend, but I managed to find time to whip out my computer and look up...yes, mouth cancer.  I kept clicking on things which promised pictures, but never actually saw any.  Amazingly, I was able to put it out of my mind for the day.

This morning I remembered, checked it, it was just as bad, and lo and behold, there was another place on the lower gum--not quite as bad but looked like it could be.  I started through my options.  I could wait until tonight and get Belinda Cole to look at it while at choir.  (Belinda is my dental hygienist/friend.)  I could go to her office and see if she or Dr. Mark Marchbanks would look at it.  Or, I could go to Barbre Orthodontist and get someone there to check it out and make a recommendation.  I opted for #3.  I just showed up at Dr. Barbre's, hoping they could squeeze me in for a peek at my gum problem.

Lynett at Dr. Barbre's was so sweet to me, telling me I had come at a perfect time.  She checked me in and had me sit down.  Thank goodness I didn't have to wait very long, because I began to just go weak with fear about what this thing could be.

I was ushered back, and Dr. Barbre himself came to look at my problem.  He asked for a probe!  Now doesn't that sound scary?  However, with that probe he healed me!!!  He removed a very thin popcorn hull which was adhered to my gum like a contact adheres to the eye.  And he didn't even crack a smile.  He was so kind, assuring me that this was not the first case of gum "disease" that he had healed in this manner.

I made Lynett promise she would not tell anyone about me.  Then on the way home I realized it was just too funny not to tell on myself.  I actually said out loud in the car, "This is TOO funny, too embarrassingly funny!"

And, by the way, my teeth are really getting straight!  It is amazing how these little trays can move teeth around--faster than I thought.   I love Invisalign, but I'll be very glad when I'm finished.


1 comment:

  1. Oh Linda! That's such a blessing and a curse at the same time!! Whew...so glad everything is ok but geez...such a silly reason to visit the doctor :).

    ReplyDelete