Wednesday, July 18, 2012

How Many In Your Party?...One.

It seems that there are two distinct groups of gals in this world when it comes to the idea of traveling alone.  There are those who heart the idea and those who consider it totally unthinkable.  Of course, it is obvious into which group I fall.  However, I do sometimes feel weird about it, thus prompting me to detail some reasons why I am the way I am.

#1.  I shared close quarters on cruise ships with my Jack for 25 cruises.  The thought of being in said close quarters with anyone else is what's unthinkable to me.

#2.  I keep the thermostat in my room set on "COLD."  As cold as it will go.  I do not heart the idea of having to change that to suit a normal person.

#3.  When I want to do something (or not do something), I do not have to ask anyone else if they share my opinion.  I do it, or I don't do it.

#4.  If I get up in the morning, have my coffee, and decide to go back to bed for a while, I do so.  Now I don't do this often, but once was heavenly.

#5.  I usually have to ask for extra hangers just to get all my clothes hung in the closet.  Sorry, there is not room for anyone else's.

#6.  I hate to admit this one, but I have been told once or maybe twice that I, ahem...snore.  Delicately and lady-like, but I don't hanker to place this behavior on exhibit again.

#7.  I have a travel iHome which Jay and Terri gave me, and I think I have the absolute best music in the whole world on my iPhone to play while I'm in my cabin.  I wouldn't like anyone else's music as much, and I realize they would not like mine.

#8.  I have been known to run an itsy bitsy bit late in my lifetime.  I do not want to make someone else late or feel guilty and have to apologize profusely for my sluggardliness. (Oh, yeah, even spell check doesn't know how to spell that one.)

#9. There are also two camps when it comes to preference for port days or sea days.  I usually prefer the days at sea, and I don't want to have to be open-minded about it.

#10. Finally, I think I must admit the true reasons for my loving to travel alone.  I am selfish.  I am set in my ways.  I absolutely love the spirit of freedom it gives me.

I am so thankful that God has given me the privilege of being out in the middle of the ocean, accountable to no one but Him. 




1 comment:

  1. Absolutely courageous to confess what I have felt but was reluctant to confess.

    ReplyDelete