Wednesday, July 4, 2012

You'll Never Catch Me! Unless...

As I'm sure the vast majority of you know, this girl adds lots of exclamation points to my life!


I absolutely love those big beautiful brown eyes.  Her favorite game in all the world is to be chased.  If she is being chased while holding "Friend" it is even better.  She has excellent radar, evidently, because she can run circles in my living room without ever bumping into a single thing!  Here she is with "Friend."


Lately, however, I've noticed something about our chases.  She knows, of course, that I'm never going to be able to catch her.  But...she has insulted me by figuring out just how slow I am.  She is allowing me to get a lot closer to her before she takes off!  It's really bad when even your dog allows you a senior citizen's discount!

You'd think that a dog that smart would know what is threatening and what is not.  She's not so smart in this way.  She's scared of everything--including my harmless little camera.  Either that or she's just contrary.  When I got my camera out, she immediately came to a halt.  It was as if she was saying, "O.K., I give up.  Take friend.  I'm not doing another thing until you put away that nasty camera."

 
Seriously, she let me walk right up and take Friend!  She would NEVER let me have him without that "weapon" (it's tiny and pink) in my hand. 

Watch it, Charleigh-Girl!  I may be slow but I'm still the one who dishes out the food!  And the treats!


No comments:

Post a Comment