Saturday, August 25, 2012

Adieu, Roofers and Gutter Guys

It's already finished!  After one working day short of three weeks!  I got to sleep in this morning, and it's raining to boot!  Charleigh-Girl doesn't know it, but her life has taken a turn for the better.  She no longer has to protect me from those bad old roofers.

The roofers, C-G, were actually not bad at all, as I kept telling you!  They were the nicest bunch of guys ever--always pleasant and eager to please.  The problem was that there were only 8 of them on a good day, which did not include Mondays!   But those 8 did an excellent job.

Since it was misting when I went out, I don't have panoramic pictures, but here's what I got.  (Be sure to notice my nice new gutter at the left side of the photo.)







The color of this roof is rather an enigma.  When I chose it I would have told you it was shades of brown.  In these pictures it certainly looks to be shades of gray.  It actually didn't matter, since the Chicago used brick has both colors.  But look at this pic of the gazebo:





  • Looks brown, right?  Interesting!  Matching with paint color should be a challenge!  Oh, yes.  Now I need to have the wood trim painted!

O.K...I'll say this, and then enough already about my roof!  I'm so thankful to feel secure in my home when the rains and/or hail come.  I'm thankful for good insurance.  I'm thankful that I knew who to call about a roof because of Jack Stovall.  I'm thankful for good, honest roofers.  And, finally:  Charleigh-Girl and I are thankful that THEY ARE FINISHED!

5 comments:

  1. Linda, your roof looks amazing! Yep, you can never go wrong with gray shades. Your gazebo looks nice, too. Yes, it would be nice to paint those wood trims. I'm glad you found the nicest roofers around. Cheers!

    -Waldemar Bureau

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually noticed your gutter, Linda. It's a good thing that you said it, if you didn't, I wouldn't have noticed it! Heheh. I'm just kidding! It is actually visible, and it gives your house some kind of an outline. It looks good, but your roof looks much better. :) Nice color choice, by the way!

    Roslyn Petermann

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know what’s more important, Linda? Your satisfaction! The upshot of your roof looks really great. And the fact that you’re happy with it proves that you made a good choice, from the roofing materials to the roofing contractors. =)


    Willene Fagen

    ReplyDelete
  4. First off, I would like to say that you have such a lovely home. I did not see the entirety of the house, but I can tell that it looks amazing! And your new roof added some appeal to your beautiful abode. The roof color goes well with your stylish bricked home. And as for the lengthy replacement time, I think that your wait was worth it, seeing how beautiful everything turned out. It is tres chic!
    [Tristan German]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kudos to the 8 guys who fixed your roof for doing an excellent job! Your roof is pleasant to look at. I wonder how it looked before the renovation. By the way, I think gray is a better option than brown when it comes to your roof's color. It matched the paint of the wall perfectly.

    Lue Madson

    ReplyDelete