Tuesday, August 28, 2012

I May Have to Quit Choir

Why, you ask?  One word: earworms.   Now for those of you who are not familiar with this term, I have done extensive research this morning.  Here is the best definition I have found: An earworm is the experience of an inability to dislodge a song and prevent it from repeating itself in one's head.

Sunday before last we sang the most beautiful new rendition of The Lord's Prayer, titled Our Father.  I absolutely loved, loved, loved this song--at least for the first thousand times I sang it in my head and out loud during the following week.  This week it was (is) Ride On, King Jesus. 

Ride on, King Jesus!  No man can a-hinder me. When I get to heaven gonna wear a robe.  No man can a-hinder me.  Gonna walk all over those streets of gold.  No man can a-hinder me.  (Repeat 6 times!)

Now this isn't all of the song, but it's the majority of my earworm--with repeats--and repeats--and repeats.  I'm glad it's a Christian song!

If I could draw a cartoon, I would draw a picture of Charleigh-Girl sitting on her haunches with her front paws covering her ears.  She would be saying, "Couldn't we please have a few choruses of "How much is that Doggy in the Window?" 

No comments:

Post a Comment