Monday, January 14, 2013

My Sad Tale of Frustration

One time years ago when I was a fanatic couponer, I spent hours organizing my coupons, making my specific list, and gathering the items at the grocery store.  When I got ready to check out, I had no coupons.  I had lost them someway, somehow, somewhere while shopping.  It was awful.

When I was taking my cousin Sarah back to the airport after Jack's funeral, I failed to exit at the airport exit, heading instead on my usual route to Silverado.  By the time I corrected, Sarah missed her plane and had to wait 4 hours for the next one.  Couldn't believe I did that!

Up until today, those are the big frustrations I remember.  But, today is WORSE!  It all started with a purchase I made at a shop on Jekyll Island.  I bought this 550 piece jigsaw puzzle.


My plan was to work on it leisurely while watching my TV shows.  So, last Wednesday after I got home from Bible Study Fellowship, I decided to set up my table and my puzzle and start working it.


Well, you would have thought I was working against the clock.  There was nothing "leisurely" about my efforts.  "Frantic" might be a better description.  I even went to choir Wednesday night, and I think I still had all the edge pieces assembled by bedtime.  (Not that bedtime was reasonably early.)

Last night I didn't quit until midnight!  Not even watching TV.  Just keeping on putting in "just one more piece then I'm going to bed."  So, this morning, after just five days, I completed it--sort of.  Here it is.


You may not be able to tell, but I sure can!  There are two pieces missing. 



Now I can just read all your minds.  "She dropped them and Charleigh-Girl ate them."  But I was sooo careful, and I honestly don't think I did or she did!  And I'm sure it's physically impossible for two pieces to be missing from the factory.  They were in a sealed plastic bag!  So what happened?

I guess I won't be glueing this one together like I have many in the past!  And I won't be buying another puzzle!  My back was already killing me, even before having to crawl around the rug looking for the missing pieces! 

So I guess I'll just have to live with being a "recliner potato." 

1 comment:

  1. Oh, my gosh. What a nice leisurely hobby. NOT! I had a puzzle once in the classroom - an AZ map of some sort. By the time it was finished, there was one piece missing, so one of my gifted students cut, padded, and colored one to fit. It was a work of art! But that doesn't help you. What would the factory do? Send you a new puzzle, and then you'd look to find the ones you needed or do the puzzle again? By the way, it's a beautiful puzzle except for the holes :-).

    ReplyDelete