Thursday, January 31, 2013

Hello! My Name is OCD...What's Yours?

It is my belief that all of us have obsessive-compulsive behaviors to some extent or another.  I suppose I would place myself at least slightly toward the "extreme" end of the scale!

As I sit here blogging I am drinking coffee--coffee which is very hot.  I do not like lukewarm coffee, and I have already reheated this cup umpteen times.  Can one die of microwave infusion into one's coffee?

I guess it would be obvious if I didn't mention my hair right away...now wouldn't it?  I am a slave to my hair, and I admit it often.  But did you know it's Biblical?  Yes, Proverbs 16:31 says "White hair is a crown of glory!"  So I must keep my crown lookin' good!

One of the more ridiculous aspects of my OCD is the arrangement of the $$s within my wallet.  They must be in descending order, with all faces forward and upright.  What?  You mean you don't do this?  What's wrong with you?

I am a passionately slow eater.  (Shut up, family.)  If I can't chew my food 150 times or so, I just won't eat.  Yes, I am always and ever, now and forever, the last one to finish a meal.  And it is not usually very popular.

I read the same way I eat.  You will never hear me say I read a book in a record amount of time--unless it is record slow!  I have even been known to write out a list of characters with identifying info so I will be able to recall each for sure as I slowly progress through the book.  The bad part of this action is that when the book is finished, I probably can't remember any more about it than the speed reader can!

You will not find ANYTHING in my recycle bin that does not belong there.  You would think the "recycle police" inspect my bin every week.  If the free newspaper is wrapped in plastic, I take the plastic off before putting the paper in for recycling.  Oh, and I religiously save plastic grocery bags and take them to Mission Arlington for use with their food distribution.  (Except that I've finally gotten with the program and take my own reusable bags for groceries, etc.)  (When I remember!)

I ALWAYS look back over my shoulder before making a lane change in my car.  I understand that most people trust their rear view mirrors, but this is how I was taught, and I insist it's the only way to roll. 

This obsessive compulsive action of mine is my most treasured:



 That's a photo album (or two) and a file folder from each and every one of the cruises Jack and I took together!  There are actually more albums and there is another chest of folders!  There is probably nothing else in my life I was so disciplined about!  Or so OCD'd!!  And I love it!


So what are you a little OC about?  Surely there's something!!!




 

 

  

2 comments:

  1. I love that you're OCD! Other than the slow chewing, you and I are kindred spirits ;).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I write out lists of characters in books, too! It's just too confusing if I don't. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete