Monday, January 21, 2013

The State of my Heart

I think I have a very soft heart.  As the years have gone by, I believe it's become even softer.  I have never been able to watch commercials about starving children.  I grab for the mute button and turn my head when that sad music and those pitiful animals come on.  You know the one I'm talking about.

I can't pass beggars on the streets without giving them money.  Yes, I know they may not buy food and water with it.  Oh--and just let them have a poor old dog with them, and I'm really hooked.  I might just empty out my billfold.

My current problem is: I don't think I can stand it if Mr. Bates is mistreated and unfairly accused  ANY MORE!!!  (This will only be meaningful to those of you who watch Downton Abbey.)  It's bad enough that he's falsely imprisoned.  I just can't take any further unfairness toward him, and I feel it coming.

Well, that's just problem #1.  Problem #2: I haven't seen Les Miserables yet.  Am I going to be able to withstand its sadness?  I know it's wonderful.  I must see it.  How bad is it when one must gird her loins and steel herself to see a movie, for goodness sake.

I'll let you know how I do.  I think I can...I think I can.






No comments:

Post a Comment