Sunday, March 10, 2013

An Eclectic Mix Of My Favorite Things

Have you ever thought just how clever the song My Favorite Things is?  Who doesn't love Raindrops on Roses and whiskers on kittens, bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens?  I'm afraid my favorite things aren't nearly that clever and lyrical!  But here goes (in no particular order!).


I love vanilla petit fours.  For those of you who don't know, they are little very sweet cake squares covered in white icing and usually decorated--kinda like wedding cake.  I may have to drive over to McKinley's tomorrow just to buy one so I can show you!  And I guess I'll have to eat it after I photograph it.

  
I did and I did.  And yum, it was good!

 
Little lamps--ah, one of my favorite things.  Call them accent lamps or mood lamps, they make a home feel warm and homey!  The light from five is visible in this picture, taken from my faithful recliner.  (Along with several reflections.) 



Room service coffee, preferably on a cruise!  It's my wake-up call in the morning.  Especially wonderful on the last two cruises when it came with real cream!  Heavenly!


I just can't tell you how much I love the keyless ignition on my car.  Purses are like bottomless pits when it comes to finding car keys.  But mine can just stay there.  See if I care!


I adore my Charleigh Girl's big brown eyes.  Definitely one two of my favorite things.  I see love for Mimi (that's what she calls me!) there!


This new mascara is currently one of my favorite things.

  
It is Cover Girl clump crusher by Lashblast.  It really seems to crush clumps in my opinion.  I like it so much that I gave it as bridge prizes in December!  My friends gave it a thumbs up! 



Of course, I dabble in dieting all the time.  One of my favorite diet secrets is Kroger Carbmaster Yogurt.  




I especially like this strawberry colada flavor.  It has 60 calories and only 4 carbs.  The pear spice flavor is also very good.  Not nearly as good as a petit four, but not nearly as caloric either!


At the risk of being called weird, this umbrella, made by Shed-Rain, is one of my favorite things! 


And not because it's a cute leopard print.  It's because it is vented, letting the wind escape without turning the thing inside out.  Umbrellas seem to have it in for me.  I don't know how many I've had "turn on me" (no pun intended!) through the years.  But I think this one would survive even in Chicago!


Those of you who know me are probably saying, "Well, where is it?  We're waiting."  Here it is.  Of course, no list of my favorite things would be complete without...My Keurig!!!


Ah, yes.  Almost as good as room service.  I'm currently on a wild mountain blueberry flavor binge.

Since I consider myself to lead an Exclamation Point Life, I seem to have a lot of favorite things!  I keep looking around and seeing more!  But I have to stop somewhere!  I did have one other thing on this list which I decided needed a blog of its own.  Stay tuned... Oh, yeah, it's great!



 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment