Sunday, June 9, 2013

My Favorite Thing???

How do I describe the trip of a lifetime--the one unlike any other?
As one who overuses superlatives and exclamation points routinely,
I need a whole new language or set of vocabulary words. 

To step off a plane in the land where Jesus was born, ministered, and died for me was almost beyond comprehension. 
"I walked {last week} where Jesus walked, and felt His presence there."

I have absolutely no problem believing everything the Bible says.
I no longer have to imagine how many areas described in the Bible look, however.  I have seen them with my own eyes.

Several friends asked me at church this morning what my favorite thing about the trip was.
Hmmm.

How can I not say that being baptized in the Jordan River, where my Savior was baptized, was my favorite.
(Even with the little fish who were nibbling my toes.)

But then...I stood in the Sea of Galilee at the place Jesus walked on the water...that was my favorite.

Oh--and later in the week I got to stand on the top of Mount Nebo
and look at the Promised Land as Moses did.  That was 
definitely "favorite" material.

And less serious but mucho fun was floating in the Dead Sea!
Did you know you can't force your legs down when you're floating?

And speaking of fun, who ever thought I would ride a camel at 
*# years old?  Would do it again in a minute!

Oh, but when deciding on a favorite--what about bursting through  that tunnel hearing "Jerusalem, Jerusalem!" and seeing
The Holy City to the left of our bus for the first time!
You would hardly have known it was our favorite then.
We all cried.

Maybe I need to decide on a favorite for each day
Even that would be difficult, I think. 
I know one thing for sure.
This was my favorite trip ever!!!!!
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment