Sunday, June 16, 2013

The Skinny On Father's Day 2013

Actually that should be "The Fatty On Father's Day 2013."
This is how it went.

Yesterday my friend Becky and I were at University Park Village.
Now Becky and I like to eat most anywhere and everywhere,
but...
we passed the Blue Mesa Grill and agreed that was one place
we just didn't like.
(I can't even remember eating there but once.)

So later I get a text from Susan saying that Rob has selected...
you guessed it...Blue Mesa Grill (the new one in Arlington)
for his Father's Day lunch.
I was a very good mother-in-law and said "Great!"
(But I'm not going to like it)

I was the first to arrive and found the wait to be 1 hour!
I thought surely that would discourage Rob.
It didn't.
We only waited about 35 minutes.
Then I found out why he wanted to eat there.

They had "Brunch."  Interpretation: Everything imaginable!
It was WONDERFUL!
Everything breakfast; everything Mexican; Belgian waffles with orange butter; flan and tres leches cake and lemon bars!
We ate til we could eat no more!
I can't wait to take Becky there!

After brunch I stopped by the cemetery, which is very close.
Every time I go my heart is warmed all over again.
I just love everything I chose for Jack's final resting place.



My father is buried here, too, but I couldn't find his grave.  
I had directions at home, so I came to get them and returned.

Here it is:

  
I took my personal bodyguard with me this time.
Here she is by the grave of someone she adored and who adored her.


See that intimidating look?  It says, "Don't mess with my 
Mimi!" (That's what she calls me.)
No kidding...you don't think she looks scary?
Well, she's actually not in the least.
 
I've been blessed to have wonderful fathers in my life.
My father...my children's father...my grandchildren's father.
But most of all...
My Heavenly Father.

2 comments:

  1. This is so funny! But it's beyond funny. It made me smile and LOL and feel close to you since I knew your dad and husband and love that dog that looks so precious sitting by the headstone. Now that I've read this, I can go face the dishes and smile somemore. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm. Wonder who "Anonymous" is? Someone who knew my Dad, my husband, and loves my crazy dog. And has a broken dishwasher so she is having to wash dishes? That must be my beloved cousin Sarah! Thanks, my love!

    ReplyDelete