Monday, March 24, 2014

I Have IOIHT Syndrome


Oh, yes, brothers and sisters, I do.
I wonder if there are any fellow sufferers out there.
Somehow I doubt it--or doubt that other cases
have been diagnosed.
It is the "If Only I Had Time" syndrome.


I noticed it this morning--for about the millionth time.
I was sitting at my vanity getting ready to leave
to pick up a friend at an appointed time.
I had to get something out of a very messy drawer.
I thought, "If Only I Had Time, I would clean
that thing out!"


The drawer is in a sink unit which looks like 
someone has hit it a few licks with something.
"If Only I Had Time, I would touch those 
nicks up.  I'll bet I could make it look perfect!" 


Now I'm home.  I have time to be blogging.
But have I cleaned out that drawer or touched
up the cabinet?  No.
Now I have time.
But now I don't want to.


The first time I really noticed this was in a very
different situation.
  In the early days of Jack's and my travel,
we would no sooner be off the ground 
than I would be thinking of something I was
going to cook when we got home and
I had time!
I even bought cruise ship cookbooks.
Did I create any of the recipes?
No.  I didn't create anything.
It only sounded like a good idea when it
wasn't possible!


Another manifestation of my strange syndrome:
If I had Jack, the reluctant shopper, with me
I would see things I wanted to look at, examine, try on
everywhere I looked--If Only I Had Time!
I could go back later--alone--to the same stores
and see nothing I liked.


And here's poor Charleigh-Girl sitting by my chair
looking longingly at me.
"If Only I Had Time" I would go outside and
throw the frisbee for her.
But, alas, it's time for
Dancing With The Stars.






 



 

2 comments:

  1. Wow!! I have the same syndrome Mrs. Linda. I wonder if there is a cure fr that. :-) Hope all is well

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMgoodness. First you have Paralyzed by Perfection and now this. Poor thing. Do you think you could battle these maladies and email me one day? I miss hearing from you.

    ReplyDelete