Friday, May 16, 2014

Jack Stovall, Comedian

For some unidentifiable reason I thought of
this yesterday as I was driving along
and just had to share it!
 


Those of you who knew Jack at all are no doubt
wondering what in the world I could
possibly be talking about!
Serious...man of few words...maybe a tad unsmiling...
But not comedian.



Jack was on the Board of Directors of
Arlington National Bank.
The board convened monthly, but his comedic moment
occurred at a meeting 
right before Christmas one year.



Skip Leffler, bank president and dear friend of Jack's,
announced the annual Christmas party for
the bank personnel and spouses.
He asked for a count of the guys
who would be able to attend.



 One director responded,
 "I'll have to check with my wife."
Another then said,
"Well, I wear the pants in my family, so put
me down for a 'yes'."



Jack Stovall then said (in his slow drawl, I am sure):
"Well, I wear the pants in my family, too,
so put me down for a 'maybe'."


Isn't that just wonderful?
Of course, he didn't tell me about it.
One of the other directors did.


Here was the picture he had made for the
announcement of his appointment
as a director.


(With one of his bigger smiles.)
 
 

3 comments: