Saturday, May 31, 2014

Sarah's Second Significant Surprise!


Sarah pointed out to me that the title of my last blog,
A Surprise for Sarah was "alliterative."
So...how's this title for alliteration, Sarah?!


I had never been to the George Bush Presidential Library!
What better time to go than with my
Arizona/Colorado cousin?
I'll let her tell you about it...from an email she sent!

Just had a wonderful day out at the George Bush Museum and Library on the SMU campus in downtown Dallas. There was lots to see - photos and videos of all that went on in his presidency - gifts from foreign countries, displays - photos, videos, actual twisted metal , names of the victims engraved on the wall - of  911, Katrina devastation, the Oval Office replication, Rose Garden, Laura's ball gowns,and his own actual oil paintings of foreign dignitaries along with gifts from their countries  and photos. There's a huge, holographic, animated projection on all four walls high above the floor and it was mesmerizing. The technology to present history is at its highest, and it was all very interesting and impressive. AND we had a delicious lunch at CafĂ© 43.


Sarah covered our trip so well that I don't have
much to add!
Just a few pictures.


I LOVED the animated projection, which one
of you had told me about?!

 




Twisted metal remains of 9/ll
(No flash allowed)


A scary thought...


Please notice that W is holding my hand!
(I hope Laura doesn't see this.)


In the rose garden.


And...
My piece de resistance:
A photo for Sarah, who loves, loves, loves
wild flowers!  



We have had the BEST TIME this week!
How good a time have we had?
Well...brace yourselves...

We have been too busy to make our beds all week!


   

No comments:

Post a Comment