Wednesday, July 9, 2014

My Dietetic, Somewhat Healthy, Very Special Hot Dog



I used to fix these often for Madeline and Susannah.
But it's a lot of trouble just for me.
Slaving over a hot stove, making a mess type trouble.
So it was a big deal when I bought all the
ingredients and undertook to fix me one.


I start out by "grilling" my Hebrew National weiner
in a skillet.  They're better that way.
While I'm doing that I heat my little dab of
extra lean beaf chili in a small Pyrex dish
covered with a paper towel in the microwave.
It sort of explodes and gets chili all over the place
which I have to clean up before I can...
microwave the "Carb Smart" flour tortilla
between two paper towels misted with water.
(That makes it nice and soft.)


It's finally time to assemble.
Mustard on nice soft tortilla, then "grilled" weiner,
 then what's left from the chili explosion, then cheese.
Roll up and place in another damp paper towel and
microwave.  Beautiful.  Perfect.  Yum yum.


To go with my hot dog I had splurged and bought
myself diet IBC root beer in a bottle which I
had refrigerated.
I brought my hot dog and my drink into
the glass room and placed them on a TV tray and
got my playback of Judge Judy started!


The first bite was scrumptious!
But...the first drink was not cold enough.
I decided I had to get up and go to the kitchen to 
get some ice for my "beer."


People, do you sense what's coming?
NOOOOOOOOOOOoooooo!!!!


NOT MY DIETETIC, SOMEWHAT HEALTHY,
VERY SPECIAL HOT DOG.
GONE IN ONE BITE!!!!!


I forgot to say.  It smelled really good, too.


I didn't even get real mad at her.
It was--after all--as usual--my fault!
I left it where she could reach it!




No comments:

Post a Comment